If You Do Not Have Cash – Try An Alternative Form Of Payment

You have unfiled income tax returns or your returns are filed but you owe the IRS more than you can pay. In either case you need help. You need help either preparing your income tax returns or negotiating a settlement with IRS. You need the services of a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Tax Attorney, or Enrolled Agent (EA). Unfortunately, the services of tax professionals do not come cheap. A good CPA or other licensed tax representative typically charges fees in the range of $250-$350 per hour to provide resolution services. It’s not uncommon for taxpayers to pay $3,000 – $5,000 or more for IRS representation.

Problem – how to get the representation you need when you don’t have the cash available to pay CPA or Attorney fees? Solution – hire a tax resolution professional who will accept a payment method other than cash. Find a representative who will trade his/her services for something you have other than cash. You may have a specific service that you can trade, (auto repair, lawn care, home cleaning, web-design, etc.), If you don’t have a service to trade, you may have something else of value that can be traded (car, motorcycle, computer, guitar, tools, jewelry, furniture, timeshare, vacant lot, etc.) for the services you need.

Tax resolution professionals prefer cash, but it’s not uncommon for clients with tax issues to have limited funds. Many CPAs, Attorneys, and EAs will provide help to taxpayers in need of representation for methods of payment other than cash.

For all your tax resolution needs, contact Brad Ritter, CPA at 919-780-7350.